Monday, September 12, 2011

Thank you

Dearest Trick~
Thank you for seeing the real me. Thank you for teaching me how to laugh at myself. Thank you for showing me that there is a difference between Star Trek and Star Wars. Thank you for making a home with me. Thank you for holding my hand in the darkness. Thank you for baking many, many, many birthday cakes. Thank you for reminding me that no matter how old we get~ we should always PLAY! Thank you for sharing your heart. Thank you for being one of those crazy "city bikers" that weave in between cars that use to drive me nuts. Thank you for grabbing me and dancing in the kitchen when ever life needed the pause button hit. Thank you for supporting every diet I was ever on. Thank you for loving me even when I wasn't on one. Thank you for dreaming of being more then just "us". Thank you for adopting Norm the wonder dog with me. Thank you for seeing me as smart when I lacked to. Thank you for laughing at me each and every Halloween because I am so irrational about monsters and the boggie man. Thank you for crying and letting your pain show. Thank you for the endless 'waiting stories' you told after a shift at the restaurant.  Thank you for always having a sparkle in your eyes when even the word Spiderman was mentioned. Thank you for always appreciating the little things I did for you. Thank you for marrying me!!!!!! Thank you for understanding my choice in jobs and supporting me even on the hard days. Thank you for helping me grade papers on late nights. Thank you for snowball fights and walks in the rain. Thank you for making a trip to the library an adventure. Thank you for finally teaching me how to sorta read a map. Thank you for always driving. Thank you for making my love for camping a passion. Thank you for always pushing me to grow. Thank you for hosting Thanksgiving each year and cooking the BEST pies ever! Thank you for being the best part of who I am. Thank you for 'meat and potatoes' as your attempt to get my VERY long stories shorter ~ it never worked you know. Thank you for listening to those stories again and again and again and always smiling. Thank you for flowers brought home for no reason at all. Thank you for never growing up, but staying that 12 year old kid reading comics.

Thank you for telling me what you wanted if ever we should have to grace the earth with out one another. Thank you for celebrating our love every day. Thank you for the love notes you left on the board in the kitchen as they are now etched on my soul. Thank you for your last words (not sound) being "I love you Ali". Thank you for somehow giving me the strength to get out of bed each day. Thank you for being the sun that now shines on my face. Thank you for the music I no longer hear from your trombone but the birds that you send in my direction. Thank you for giving me so many funny memories that when the pain becomes much to hard to handle I can think of those times and laugh. Thank you for making a mark on my heart. Thank you for loving me ~ all of me as I am. Thank you for showing me how to love myself. Thank you for holding on until others got to the hospital so I would not be alone. Thank you for watching over me. Thank you for still making me smile just by thinking about you. Thank you my love for all the amazing years we go together! Thank you for being YOU! Thank you for giving me the greatest person in the world to miss!!!!!!
Around the world and back again~

1 comment: