Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Just enough

Dearest Trick~
Over the past few months I have had all I NEED sent to me from you. I have been given 'just enough' of everything that is required to live a good life, a new life, a strange life without you. You have given me just enough strength to make it through each day. You have given me just enough power to get myself to therapy and work on growing as a person. You have given me just enough room in my first apartment to put our things (and lack of space so that I can let go of some stuff that is not needed). You have given me just enough sunshine to sooth my soul and enough rain to remind me that flowers grow from the water - so I can grow from my tears. You have given me just enough TRUE friends to stick by me and hold my hand in the hard hours. You have given me just enough energy to stand in the silence alone and dance in who I am now becoming. You have given me just enough voice to speak my mind and for the very first time in my life do what is right for ME (even if it is not following timelines or wishes of others)!!! You have given me just enough hope that one day I will be at total peace again. You have given me just enough memories that I will get to have you as part of me for how ever long I grace the earth. You have given me just enough love that I can still open my heart to others and not be bitter. You have given me just enough fear to think twice before making a mistake. You have given me just enough courage to be able to see my life without you by my side and be able to function in that new life I have been given. You have given me JUST ENOUGH!
As humans we always ask for more. We all want a bigger house, faster car, better job, more money.... I think that just enough is all I need. I am thankful that even from up above you have a way of sending me enough - just enough of everything I need. How lucky I am to have you.
Around the world and back again~

No comments:

Post a Comment