Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Big Sky


Dearest Trick~
As the year has changed so have I. I found myself reliving the loss of you as I had to let go of our last year together. It seemed somewhat impossible of a task, to get up, to move on, to celebrate what I have~ while I was focusing on what I lacked. Then I went for a walk. As I walked our dog the big blue sky filled my vision. The sun beat down on my skin and the cool January Texas air kissed my face. And in that moment, in the seconds that I allowed myself to be consumed by the beauty that surrounds all of us all the time, I found you, I found me, I found us.

I am coming to terms as hard as that might be that you are not here with me. But you are above me all the time. You are making sure that I see that big sky of opportunity. The clouds of change, the wind of hope, the sunrise of destiny and the sunset of prospects encompassed me when I allow it. This big sky, this thing that covers all of us~ it is always there. It might change from day to day. Some days it might be clear and blue, some foggy. There might be cloudy days, rainy ones and even star filled nights. But no matter how much the sky changes from day to day, from day to night, it is ALWAYS there. I guess that is you, you are my sky. You are always there, always right here with me. But maybe you do not get to hold me or dance, maybe I do not hear your voice, but like sky you cover me. You provide my air, my rain, my sun. You have changed in form but like the sky you can never really be gone~ all I ever have to do is look UP!

And so my beloved sky, my sunshine, my raindrop of love~ I look up! I look up to the new year, the new me that I am slowly becoming. I look up and feel you. I look up in hopes of easier tomorrows and peaceful todays. I look up!
 Around the world and back again~

No comments:

Post a Comment